i shall post on this blog which noone ever comes to yay.
italy pwns all btw! :D
And so it started out on 14th March. We were told to assemble in the airport. I only reached at 2150 and I thought I was late, until Mavis came at what, 2220. We checked in our luggages, and then soon heard CHIJ singing lol. Ms Tham said they were a noisy bunch. And then we went in. And soon enough we were waiting at the gate thingy for our plane. I was restless, and sad too. Didn't want to leave Singapore. It was something which I couldn't understand now, after the trip. COS IT ROCKED.
Then we boarded the plane at around 0010, 15th March. I sat directly in front of the IJ girls, sitting beside Zheng Yang. The entertainment system(?) we had for that particular flight was the best throughout the whole trip. The others just sucked. Cos the first one we had one whole library of videos, songs, movies, all for us to choose and play and watch, all at our own timings. The other systems we had was horrible, having fixed playlists for songs, and movies which you have to start watching from whereever it was.
Reached Colombo, then took off again for Dubai. Transit at Dubai. Waited quite awhile. I didn't notice the time though. Played Rubik's Cube there to kill time. And then boarded the plane for Venice! Reached Venice at 1300+, 2000+ local time. Collected luggage and left the airport. The weather was omg super shiok! Everyone had fun breathing out LOL. Cos we could see our breath. Then we headed to the dunno what island. Went to see the glass blowing factory. Magnificent, gorgeous, whatever nice word you can find. Plus I saw one product they were selling. It was some kinda chandelier, costing 47,000 euro! :D
Haha then we had free time, walking around the place, shop shop. Jun Jie, Guang Jie, me, and dunno who went into a shop to see see. Then omg we had problems coming out of the shop cos of the darn door! We took turns to pretend looking at the products and tried opening the door. After each unsuccessful try, we'd break out in fits of laughter. The shopowner got so pissed, he "what"-ed at us in that weird accent. And finally we managed to get out. And we went in search of foooooooood! We found a restaurant selling lasagna, and decided to give it a try. One plate for 6 of us. The waiter kept saying "not possible!" And in the end we ordered 3 plates. 36 euros thankyou. Wanted to die la so expensive. Plus the bottled water of around 500ml costs us 2.4 euro! -drops dead-
And then we went back to assemble, and headed to our hotel. The first hotel was quite ulu. Broke for sectionals for awhile, and then went to sleep. I fell asleep the moment I lay on the bed. Poor Jun Jie had trouble waking me up throughout the trip, cos I was dead beat every day.
Woke up the next day, had breakfast in the hotel and checked out. We headed for Riva del Garda! Beautiful place. Mountains everywhere, the scenery was awesome. Had lunch in hotel. The best meal I had in Italy I think. The pasta was wooooots! From 2 to 3, we had free time, or rather, we were given that time to iron our costumes to perfection. And then at 3, we went for PT at their uh. Park? But the place we had our 'Karimatanu Kuicha Jog' was so chio! omg haha it was the picture I had of Riva del Garda all the while! Yays. Immediately fell sick after the PT though. My body couldn't take the cold and heat produced from running, all at the same time. And so I was down with headache, fever, sore throat and cough for like, 3 days. Only recovered on Wednesday. But it was like on and off throughout the trip la.
Then we had practice in the hotel basement. It was pretty hard to sing in the cold, and especially when you're sick. But still, I had fun :D Went for dinner and then I had to go iron my clothes, since I didn't have time to iron in the afternoon. I think, after that the committee talked to us about our singing and all. Ms Tham also didn't want us to sing again that night. We went to sleep after that I think.
Woke up the next day and went for PT in the park again! Felt horrible! But o'cos the running helped. Had our breakfast after that, Couldn't eat this, couldn't drink that. But nvm, it was worth it. Changed and prepared to go for our first category. Jun Jie and Calvin kept playing around with my costume and delayed my time. Sacred category! Had acoustic rehearsal. The church was nice and super super echo-ey. Waited outside the church, which was our competition venue for sacred category. Waited and waited in the cold. Had to stay warmed up by standing in the sun lol. Wasn't feeling that nervous after all for this category. It went rather well hee, other than a few mistakes here and there, but we were happy! As we walked off the uh, stage, Ms Tham was like asking if I was okay LOL. Maybe I looked super nervous. Then went for lunch in the hotel, and went for our G4 category in another church. Everyone felt damn lethargic and we started sounding bad. But Ms Tham came and motivated us and whee! We felt much better and decided to give it our best best best shot for our 2nd category. Ms Tham said she was happy! Then all of us were happy too and smiled along with her on the stage. Such an enjoyable experience. Continued watching other choirs. I felt damn tired and my head was throbbing like shit. I bent my head down and decided to take a nap, but everytime I did that, I got asked to wake up. Felt damn horrible.
Went back to hotel and got changed. Had dinner and went around room crashing. Went to Merwyn's room and watched MTV muahahaha :D, then kept going around until we gathered a few people, and went to Amanda's room. I felt damn tired and was one of e first to fall asleep.
Woke up the next day finding myself having slept on my specs for the past night. I had to twirk it back into shape. Went to Ruth's room to bathe first cos I didn't have the key to my room. Then went to my room to bathe, and waited for 10am in Amanda's room. So many people were in there playing their laptop, and cards. Then at 10am we headed for the supermart :D The sole or whatever of my shoe came off! LOL. Had problems walking properly. And I think everyone went to spam chocolates! Something we were deprived of for quite some time. Ate Gelato(however you spell it)! Haha nutella, coffee and caramel! Sweet! xD Then I honestly forgot what we did for that afternoon. Maybe free time. Then I remember chionging our dinner, supposedly to go watch the other choirs perform. Then in the end most people didn't want to go. Free time and then whee! Went to sleep again :D
Woke up yet again. Wednesday already. Waited for 10am again! lol ate Kinder Sorpresa aka Kinder Surprise while waiting. Had some hilarious toys, one supposedly made by Malays. Then we headed for Ms Tham's hotel and met her there. She brought us to one of the many Geleterias and treated us all to Gelatos! Burnt a huge hole in her pocket. Headed back to hotel and we had free time all the way till dinner. Played a little of Halo with the other guys lol and we slacked for so long. Then the results came, Cat High won us! That night we went back to the church for the Grand Finals. Shall not elaborate. We got Silver for Sacred Category, and Gold for G4 Category. And also a special prize for Ms Tham for uh. Good choice of pieces? AJC got audience prize, and also overall winner! LOL. Their conductor must be bored to death after receiving it for the second time. Previous time, it was VJC, now AJC.
Then we headed back to hotel and Ms Tham told us about the judges' comments. She also asked me to say something to the choir o_O i was quite shocked haha. Then we went to pack our stuff and went back to sleep.
Woke up late on Thursday morning, chiong like siao and I was late. Checked out of hotel, headed to Pisa, see Leaning Tower of Pisa, take pictures, no time buy souvenirs, then go uh Florence the next day? My batt was flat after awhile. Ate waffles which cost like 8 euros, went to disney store, bought Tokio Hotel magazines, or rather, Hazel bought it. Didn't know Tokio Hotel was so famous in European countries. Went Bologna. All sight-seeing la! Nothing much. Our 3rd hotel wasn't that bad lol. We went down to the bar to get some hot water. The person seemed so pissed at Cherie LOL. My favourite was the very last hotel. It seems super new. It had flatscreen TVs for all of us, buttons on the wall to control the blinds outside the window. It was a very very new and advanced hotel. AND I JUST REALISED I DIDN'T TAKE A PICTURE OF THE LIFT OMG. It was damn cool lol. The buttons were like, dunno la! omggggg.
Anyway, fall asleep when initially intended to stay up for the whole night. But before falling asleep, gossipped and watched MTV again! :D
Woke up and went for breakfast and then headed for Venice. Ate lunch, and went airport and bye bye Italy. The bus driver was a barking human! Yeah then started emo-ing lol. Transit in Dubai and stoned for 3 hours, then to Colombo, then to Singapore. Home sweet home? Don't think so leh. I want stay in Italy!
Okay so, this Italy trip was awesome la. Ms Tham also said this was the first international Gold that RVC ever received. And that the jury for this competition has roughly the same standards as Choir Olympics? Yeah. Definitely a life-changing trip. And it made me realise just how humid Singapore is! I felt like I was thrown in a place with water all around me and every breath I took was damn uh. wet.
Once again, Italy pwns all!
Ciao ciao Bello & Bella!
Ich Liebe Tokio Hotel!
SPITTY and TOILET owns! DOWN WITH MALFOY HAHA.
Grats-ey for reading my post!
Prego!
8:14 PM